Yorkshire Housing is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce across our work sites in Yorkshire. This is reflected in both our recruitment process and how we work on a daily basis.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and are recognised as a disability confident employer. We have achieved Investors in People Gold accreditation, have 76 per cent employee engagement. We were a finalist in the 2017 National Apprenticeship Awards, and have two apprentices shortlisted for the 2018 regional awards.
The Yorkshire Housing reward package includes
- Salary – market tested and annual cost of living increase
- Car allowance – depending on the travel requirements of your job.
- Pension – a defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual leave – ranging from 25 days, increases with service up a maximum of 35 days (depending on management level).
- Sick pay – company sick pay.
- Flexible working – offering a flexible approach to the working week including part-time and job sharing possibilities.
- Parental leave – enhanced maternity and paternity leave schemes.
- Training – comprehensive training and career development including support for course fees and study leave where there is a benefit to Yorkshire Housing and the individual.
- Development – you will have regular one-to-one meetings with your line manager and a yearly review to discuss performance and future improvement
- Other benefits – Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, and Car Lease salary sacrifice schemes, access to online shopping discounts and season ticket loans.
Work opportunities for customers
At Yorkshire Housing we are committed to improving opportunities for our customers. We offer our customers help looking for their first job, getting back into work or finding a better job. Find out more about our employment coach service.
We also help customers starting up their own business, or increasing the success of a current business. Find out more about our business development services.