We want to attract the best people to come and work at Yorkshire Housing and to help you be the best version of yourself. We hope that all the opportunities to grow your career with us means you’ll want to stick around.
Along with the rest of the package (check out the links below) we’ll support you to keep learning and develop your skills every single day. Work towards a recognised qualification, get stuck in with internal training opportunities or become a member of a professional body. We offer tailored support to teams and individuals to help you grow. So, if you need to know something new to do your job then we’re all ears.
It's all very well us telling you all this though, we think you want to see it! The proof is in the pudding, so they say.
- Communications colleagues take courses in social media advertising
- Presentation training for colleagues who want to build confidence or learn how to structure a presentation for the biggest impact
- Our repairs and investment teams are trained on electrical vehicle charging
- Locksmith training took place for our building services team so that we could get our customers new keys right away
- Colleagues job-shadowing other roles across the business
If you need to learn a new skill to do your job then we’re happy to make that happen. And if you’re not a housing buff, don’t worry – our online learning software gives you bitesize modules to bring you up to speed.
We’re also big on helping each other learn. Colleagues can attend our regular ‘lunch and learn’ sessions on equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) or wellbeing, often starring external guests like footballer, Shaka Hislop talking about his involvement with Show Racism the Red Card and mental wellbeing advocate David Beeney.