If you need a hand with your job search or if you’re looking to learn new skills, there are a few local organisations you can turn to for support.
If you’re looking to learn something new, there are organisations out there that support people in upskilling and finding work, including:
- Leeds Employment Hub can help you find a job, training or plan your next steps.
- Bradford Employment Hub offers support in looking for work, apprenticeships and other learning and training opportunities
- Calderdale Council’s Employment Hub offers support in finding work, training and apprenticeships
- National Careers Service list free courses to help you learn new skills or change jobs
- Sheffield City Council’s employment and skills service run employment and skills programmes for people facing barriers such as those with disabilities, physical or mental health issues, skills deficits and a lack of work experience
Here’s a handful of websites you could use to find your next role:
- Reed lists jobs and courses as well as provides careers resources such as CV templates
- Indeed provides a job search tool, a salary guide and company reviews
- Gov.uk has information on job hunting, apprenticeships, volunteering and more.
- Job Help Campaign lists local organisations that can help you find volunteering jobs as well as training and events in your area
- Cost of Living Support has information on getting help with finding work and claiming tax relief on work expenses