Close search

Home contents insurance

Yorkshire Housing can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable.

With a special scheme called My Home Contents Insurance arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, Yorkshire Housing customers can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens, they have cover. The scheme is available for all residents of social housing providers managed properties including tenants, leaseholders, shared owners, key workers and market rent tenants.

There are no minimum property security requirements and there are no policy excesses. Premiums can be paid fortnightly or monthly by cash at any post office or pay zone outlet, monthly by direct debit, annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card.

To find out more or to apply for cover, call 0345 450 7288 or visit the My Home website.

my home insurance

Being a Yorkshire Housing tenant

Find out more about about your rights and responsibilities as a Yorkshire Housing tenant.


Find out information and answers to common questions relating to home ownership.