Today (February 3) we’re launching a new IT system and colleagues across customer services are moving into new roles. This is the start of a series of changes which will mean we can offer a better service to you.
However, over the next couple of weeks, as we move over to the new system, it may take a little longer than usual for us to answer the phone. From Monday, February 3, for a week or so we’d recommend only calling if it’s an urgent enquiry as our teams will be slower in carrying out their tasks as they get used to the new system. We’ll keep you updated via our Facebook and Twitter feeds as well as on the website if we’re facing any specific or unexpected issues which may affect customers.
What do the changes mean for me?
- You should soon notice some improvements to services, for example we’ll be able to send appointment reminders via text and email.
- Better processes mean we’ll be able to resolve more queries first time.
- New specialist roles to rent out homes, help you if you have problems paying your rent and more staff dedicated to tackling antisocial behaviour mean we’ll be able to offer a service better tailored to your needs.
- If you’re interested in renting a home from Yorkshire Housing from February 3 onwards, we’ll be advertising homes on Rightmove and through local authority lettings schemes only. We’ll no longer be listing homes on our website. Find out more about applying for a home.
- Later in the year, we’ll launch a new and improved way for you to use our services which will make it easier for you to do things like paying your rent or booking a repair online. You’ll even be able to upload pictures of repairs to help make sure we can fix it first time.