Exit site

Criminal acts

We want our communities to be safe places. But we know that people sometimes use their homes for the wrong reasons. For criminal or illegal purposes like selling drugs or prostitution. Or they vandalise their homes and neighbourhoods. 

What can you do? 

We understand you might feel too scared or threatened to speak to the people who’re causing the problem. Never put yourself in potential danger.  

Get in touch with us to report a problem and we’ll do what we can to help. And you should also report it to the police. 

It’s important that once you’ve reported it to us, you’re able to help us with our investigations. We might also ask you to keep an incident diary, to keep track of all the dates and times of when things have happened. 

What can we do? 

We take reports of criminal acts very seriously. We know you’ll be feeling scared and anxious but don’t worry, we’ll do everything we can to keep you safe.  And we’ll keep anything you share with us confidential. 

We’ll look at all the info and decide whether any tenancy agreement rules are being broken. And if they are, don’t worry. There’s lots we can do, depending on how serious the problem is including: 

  • issuing verbal and written warnings 
  • arranging mediation or restorative justice for both parties. This is where everyone sits down together with an independent person to try to sort out the problem face to face
  • fitting extra security measures like CCTV, locks and security lights
  • taking out court injunctions 
  • starting eviction proceedings
  • getting the police or local council involved to provide extra support.

Report it to us

Get in touch with us to report a problem  and we’ll do what we can to help.
Report it to us
Two hooded men shaking hands to exchange drugs