I’m sure you would agree that we are living through unprecedented events and times. Yorkshire Housing is committed to your safety and to continuing to run our essential services. We are following Government advice and guidelines to make sure that this can happen. We are developing detailed plans which will set out how we can continue to offer support and help to you and your families at this difficult time. Please check our website and social media accounts on Twitter and Facebook for these updates.
For all of us this is a worrying time. We are all thinking about how best to look after our families. We would urge you to follow the latest advice. This includes:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with hot water and soap or use sanitiser gel.
- Even if you have no symptoms, follow government advice on working from home and attending social venues.
- Use a tissue for coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with those who are unwell.
- If you or someone you live with has a ‘new’ or continuous cough or a high temperature, you should stay at home for 14 days.
We will be updating our website tomorrow and on an ongoing basis with Frequently Asked Questions. We will also be offering targeted support and advice for our more vulnerable customers on how to keep safe and the support we can offer.
We want to assure you that our priority is to keep you safe by continuing to deliver the services you rely on wherever possible. We will continue to keep you updated if there are any changes which we may be required to make.
This is a difficult time for all of us and our teams are working incredibly hard to maintain our services. In view of the scale of the issues we are all facing, please bear this in mind when dealing with my colleagues.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Chief Executive, Yorkshire Housing