Business administration apprentice
Role: Business admin apprentice
Vacancy location: Sheffield
Salary: £7643 per annum
Closing date: 29 April 2019
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering excellent customer service? We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual who wants to kick-start their career with a Business Administration apprenticeship.
Who are we?
We are a Housing Association that owns and manages more than 18,000 homes, and developing thousands more across Yorkshire. All of our profits are reinvested so we can do even more for our customers. We also provide a range of services so people can live independently. Our ambition is to offer everyone the opportunity to live in a quality home they can afford.
What will you be doing?.
Joining our business administration team in Sheffield, you will…
- Courteously and professionally deal with all incoming calls and visitors
- Undertake administrative duties relating to incoming and outgoing post, HIA initial visit packs and assisting with contractor estimates
- Assist in the data inputting and maintenance of statistical records, produce excel spreadsheets and reports
- Maintain and update databases accurately and take customer payments
- Support the team in handling, recording, distributing, filing and retrieving of all relevant correspondence and information in accordance with agreed procedures.
This role is a full time (35 hour per week) 12 month fixed term contract.
What training will you get?
We will offer you full training on the job whilst you work towards a Level 2 Business Administration qualification over 12 months. A Business Administration qualification provides a wide range of skills and knowledge including office and administration skills, customer-handling skills, technical and practical skills, business & communication skills and IT skills.
Our apprenticeship programme will also offer you opportunities of personal development, alongside gaining an insight into wider business operations.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with excellent attention to detail, who would like to grow their career in business administration. The ideal candidate would have GSCE grade C/ Level 4 or equivalent in Maths & English and good knowledge of using Microsoft applications and ICT systems.
Interviews will be held in May/June 2019