Violence of any kind is very distressing. The threat of violence or intimidating behaviour like swearing or verbal abuse can be upsetting too.
What can you do?
We understand you might feel too scared or threatened to speak to the people who’re causing the problem. Never put yourself in potential danger.
Contact us to report the problem and we’ll do what we can to help.
And, because violence is a criminal offence, you should also report it to the police.
What can we do?
We take reports of violence very seriously. We know you’ll be feeling scared and anxious but don’t worry, we’ll do everything we can to keep you safe. And we’ll keep anything you share with us confidential.
We’ll look at all the info and decide whether any tenancy agreement rules are being broken. And if they are, don’t worry. There’s lots we can do, depending on how serious the problem is including:
- Issuing verbal and written warnings
- Arranging mediation or restorative justice for both parties. This is where everyone sits down together with an independent person to try to sort out the problem face to face
- Fitting extra security measures like CCTV, locks and security lights
- Taking out court injunctions
- Starting eviction proceedings
- Getting the police or local council involved to provide extra support
- Arranging emergency accommodation.