Exit site

Uncontrolled animals

It’s not just the people in your neighbourhood who can cause problems. Stray or dangerous animals or animals fouling in public spaces can be a big problem too. 

What can you do? 

If you know the owner of the animal, the first step is to have a chat with them about your concerns.  You might find this a bit awkward but it’s surprising how often people don’t even know their pet is causing a problem!   

But we understand that you might not want to do this if you’re scared or feel threatened by their behaviour.  Never put yourself in potential danger. Contact us to report the problem and we’ll do what we can to help.

If you're worried about the wellbeing of an animal, contact the RSPCA. And if you think the animal is a stray, please report it to your local council. 

What can we do? 

We’ll look at all the info and decide whether any tenancy agreement rules are being broken. And if they are, don’t worry. There’s lots we can do, depending on how serious the problem is including: 

  • Issuing verbal and written warnings 
  • Arranging mediation or restorative justice for both parties. This is where everyone sits down together with an independent person to try to sort out the problem face to face
  • Fitting extra security measures like CCTV, locks and security lights
  • Taking out court injunctions 
  • Starting eviction proceedings
  • Getting the local council involved to provide extra support.

Report it to us

Get in touch with us to report a problem and we’ll do what we can to help.
Report it to us
Picture of an older man speaking to someone over a garden fence