Close search

Building work and larger projects

We provide a technical service for larger work or housing extensions. We can carry out the work or manage the project on your behalf.

Some examples can include:

  • Drawing up plans
  • Submitting planning applications
  • Applying for building regulation
  • Obtaining contractor quotes
  • Overseeing or project managing work
  • Ensuring work meets the required standards
  • Access to Yorkshire Housing’s list of approved contractors

As with all of our home improvement services, these services are offered both on a funded or paid for basis.

We work with local authorities and partner agencies to help older homeowners, disabled people, those on low incomes and many others to retain their independence. We also provide a paid for service which can carry out private works to your home, the service fee is 10 per cent of the total project value. Contact us using the form below to find out how we can help you and what funding is available is your area.

Get in touch with the team

Needs, advice and support

Our needs, advice and support officer can visit your home to provide you with one-to-one support.

Handyperson service

Our locally based handypeople can position and fix pieces of equipment correctly in your home.

Access support

We are passionate about supporting people to live well and understand that sometimes a little extra help is needed.