Role: Apprentice electrician
Vacancy location: Skipton
Salary: £8,190 per annum
Closing date: 29 April 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual who wants to kick-start their career with an Electrical apprenticeship.
What will you be doing?
Working in the Homeworks team as an Electrical Apprentice you will participate as a trainee in the installation, maintenance, and repair of wiring systems and other electrical fixtures and electronic equipment; delivering a high quality, repair and void service to the Customers of Yorkshire Housing.
Joining the Electrical team in the Skipton area you will…
- Assist a qualified Electrician by supplying materials, equipment, and tools at the scene of jobs
- Assist with routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults
- Assist with the installation of new and refurbished electrical systems using a full range of installation materials and techniques
- Assist in the maintenance, repair and installation of electrical systems on a full range of properties
- Be expected to attend college in order to obtain relevant technical certificates up to and including EAL level 3.
This role is a full time (37.5 hour per week), 4 years fixed term contract.
What training will you get?
We will offer you full training on the job whilst you work towards your level 3 Electrical qualifications.
Our apprenticeship programme will also offer you opportunities of personal development, alongside gaining an insight into wider business operations.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with a methodical approach to working, We are looking for a committed individual who is eager to learn and develop on the job, who has a methodical approach to working and has a passion to grow their career as an electrician. The ideal candidate would have GSCE grade C/ Level 4 or equivalent in Maths & English.
Interviews will be held in May/June 2019.