Tracey is a customer and chair of our Customer Voice and Review Committee (CVRC). She leads the committee made up of 14 customers, who meet every month to make sure the customer voice is heard.
It’s 2022 and we’re now entering our second year as the CVRC. As a committee, we’re still young and learning. But, we’re reallypassionate about delivering what all Yorkshire Housing customers want – a home to be proud of.
We’re so proud to represent customers from over 20,000 homes and make a real difference to their lives. In our first year, we made some great progress. Key highlights include:
- Being fully recruited – With the engagement team’s fantastic support, all 14 spots on our committee are filled. We’re a diverse and inclusive group that represents all customer demographics.
- Co-hosting Ask Nick – As chair of the CVRC, I was asked to co-host Ask Nick. It’s a business-wide meeting with the chief executive, Nick Atkin. This was a brilliant opportunity to chat with so many people from across the business. Several new CVRC members also came along to the meeting and I was so proud of their contributions.
- Creating CVRC champions – We all come from different backgrounds and have different interests. So, we decided to choose what we wanted to focus on and become a champion of that area. We have a brilliant complaints champion that goes along to the monthly complaints forum, plus a disability awareness champion, a climate change champion, and equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) champions.
Looking ahead to 2022, we’re aiming to:
- Stay open-minded about how the committee grows and develops – We always want to do the right thing, not the easy thing.
- Continue to be inclusive – We’ll listen and be open to new ideas. Our members and their ideas are what makes us successful.
- Think about how we interact with customers – We want to involve everybody, even those who don’t use technology or social media.
I’m so proud of what we’ve achieved this year. Thank you so much to everyone at Yorkshire Housing who has supported the CVRC.
If you’re interested in getting involved in the CVRC, please do get in touch. There’s always a place for you, your voice is important.