Whether you’re looking for employment, your next big career change or to start a business, Yorkshire Housing has partnered with SureTrax and the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs to introduce the Change Your Life Programme. The course is designed to help develop the skills you need to make the next step in your life. Courses are taking place in Malton in June and Skipton in August. This course has proven results – don’t miss out!
Having successfully completed the course, you will be armed with a range of new tools for success and as if that wasn’t enough, each customer who takes part will receive a well done bonus of £75 to fund your job search or cover any travel costs.
Marie attended the most recent meeting in Barnsley last month and learned the how to successfully create a compelling job application and perform to the best of her ability in an interview situation.
The programme looked at the four key steps to gaining new employment opportunities
- Starting to understanding what employers want and what you can offer them
- Learning how sell what you have to offer to employers and getting interview opportunities
- Learning how to make the most of interviews, getting your message across and getting a job offer
- Understanding how to add value to a business and become a valued member of the team
Marie learnt to use the same cutting edge marketing and sales techniques as leading retailers and top sales people to sell her potential offering and gained a full-time care role.
Well done Marie!
Lomembe travelled from his hometown of Bradford to Barnsley in order to attend the Change Your Life Programme last month.
He was there to learn the four key principles of developing a new business.
- Understanding what the market wants and how to fit his business plan for self-employment to those customers’ wants and needs
- Preparing a marketing and sales plan
- Learning how to get sales success
- Growing the business
Lomembe is currently working with Yorkshire Housing enterprise coach Sheila McFee to help him with his plans for self-employment.
Lomembe said: “I would definitely recommend the programme to anyone who is wanting to change or improve their situation. I’m working hard and Sheila’s helping me a lot. This course was just one of many important steps I have recently taken.”
To register your interest in taking part in the Change Your Life Programme email our employability and enterprise team today.