2020: Growth and transformation
Everyone has the opportunity to live in a quality home they can afford.
We are a charitable housing association that owns and manages more than 18,000
homes – and developing thousands more – across Yorkshire. We also provide a range
of services so that people can live independently.
All our profits are reinvested so that we can do even more for our customers.
Growth – a bigger business serving more people across Yorkshire. That means:
- Providing 3,000 more homes for all incomes – and more if the conditions are right
- Increasing our range of services to older people
- New ventures, partnerships and mergers if they’re right for our customers and our business
Independence – a strong business helping people to succeed. That means:
- A strong focus on our communities
- Supporting people into financial independence
- Helping customers into employment and training
- More support for those who need it
Profit – a social business reinvesting all our money to do more. That means:
- Financial strength to achieve our vision
- Making the best use of our assets
- Growing our in-house repairs business and other services
- Reducing costs and making the Yorkshire Housing pound go further
Transformation – a better business achieving more. That means:
- A new-look Yorkshire Housing investing in people, processes and technology
- Using customer insight to drive service
- Digital first for customers and employees
- Energised people driven by our social purpose
- Investing in IT to create a platform for the future
And we have great values
Our values and behaviours are designed to help colleagues deliver a great service to customers and make Yorkshire Housing a great place to work. These are: Create trust, Be curious, Make it happen, Achieve impact and Have fun.
Customers – we will achieve: