Every year Yorkshire Housing invests around £10 million to improve and modernise customers’ homes.
The investment programme aims to:
- To ensure that all homes are warm, weatherproof and have reasonably modern facilities
- To create homes that customers can be proud to live in – making Yorkshire Housing a landlord of choice
- To reduce the need for repair call-outs, saving inconvenience for customers
The investment programme is delivered by a dedicated team of staff who specialise in this type of work. They ensure we keep up-to-date with technology and new innovations, and keep in close contact with our customers.
Choices for our customers play a key role in our investment work.
Every modernisation job is individually designed with the customer’s needs and preferences in mind.
For example, customers can currently choose from six different styles of kitchen unit as well as choices for worktops, tiling, flooring and the layout of the kitchen in addition to a similar range of choices for bathroom refits.
Every kitchen is designed with your needs in mind by a professional kitchen designer.
What to Expect
Customers should expect a certain amount of disturbance during the works but we work hard with our partners to keep this down to a minimum.
Our targets for completion of main elements of work are:
- Kitchens – 6 days start to finish
- Bathrooms – 5 days start to finish
- Central heating – 3 days start to finish
Our partners will leave essential facilities connected each evening during the work.