Our customers living in York, Skipton and the surrounding areas enjoy routine maintenance of communal gardens, covered by service charges added to their basic rent.
York and surrounding area
- This service is provided for vulnerable tenants.
- The cost of the year’s work is charged to the individual tenant.
- Payment can be made either as a lump sum or in instalments over the rental year.
- The service covers lawns and hedges only.
- Runs throughout the growing season – normally from April to October.
- Grass will be cut every fortnight which means 13 cuts over a 26-week period from April to October.
- Hedges are trimmed twice a year: once in July and again in October.
Skipton and surrounding area
- A private garden charge is available for customers with a private garden.
- The charge varies depending on the size of your garden, which will be inspected.
- The service covers cutting lawns, hedges and leaf collection.
- Runs throughout the growing season – between late February and mid November.
- The grass is cut fortnightly – that’s about 16 cuts per season.
- Hedges are trimmed three times a year.
- Leaves are collected twice in the autumn.
Individual garden maintenance services are only available in York and Skipton.
Shared gardens, or common areas will be regularly maintained throughout the year. Please see our grounds maintenance page for more information