Skip to content

Selling your home

Your Lease will determine the criteria by which you can sell your home but the Home Ownership Team will be happy to provide advice to you about the process.

When you sell your property or if you are a Shared Owner and you want to purchase additional shares, then you may require a Valuation Report to determine the current value of your property.

Valuation Report

Yorkshire Housing have entered into an agreement with several local chartered surveyors to provide you with an independent valuation report for a set fee. Please note that an estate agents valuation is not acceptable.

If you wish Yorkshire Housing to arrange a Valuation Report then payment must be made before the Valuation is arranged. Contact us for further details on how you can pay for this Valuation Report. Once payment is received Yorkshire Housing will provide your contact details to the appropriate surveyor to arrange access at a mutually agreed date and time.

In the York and Selby areas, you will need to contact Charters-Reids directly who will advise you of the process and take the relevant payment.

The chartered surveyors we use are detailed below.

Halifax, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Leeds and Wakefield

Adair Paxton
Sanderson House
22 Station Road,
LS18 5NT
Price: £180.00 (including VAT)
Tel No: 0113 239 5770


Watts Chartered Surveyors
Churchill House
BD19 4HH
Price: £165.00 (including VAT)
Tel No: 01274 614400

Selby and York

Charters-Reids & Associates
Woodlands Farm Offices
YO60 7QZ
Price: £227.00 (including VAT)
Tel No: 01904 468881

Unfortunately due to the low number of Home Ownership properties in Calderdale, Kirklees and South Yorkshire areas, we are unable to offer this service.