We are a not-for-profit home improvement agency operated by Yorkshire Housing Foundation in partnership with Sheffield City Council.
- Sheffield City Council
- Department of Communities and Local Government
- Supporting People
- Sheffield Primary Care Trust
What does Sheffield Stay Put do?
We operate in the Sheffield area, providing independent advice on repairs, improvements and adaptations for clients, particularly those aged 60 and over and to disabled people of all ages.
Help & Support
The services Sheffield Stay Put offer includes help with:
- Applying for local authority grants and loan schemes.
- Releasing money tied up in the value of your home.
- Access to charitable funding.
- Filling in forms.
- Identifying benefits for which you may be eligible.
Our staff can visit you at home to discuss what your options are.
Sheffield Stay Put offer a number of services to help you keep your home in good repair:
- Telephone advisory service
For advice on both general and specific problems and issues.
- Free home maintenance advisory inspection service
To help you identify and understand maintenance problems around your home
- Energy efficiency
Advice on possible grant and discount schemes
- Contractors’ list –
Advice and information on employing builders is available. We have a list of vetted builders and contractors available.
We can get estimates for you and oversee the work to ensure it is carried out to a high standard and is good value for money.
Our Handyperson service can assist with small repairs and other tasks to enable you to live safely and comfortably within your own home. The service is for home owners and private tenants, particularly those aged over 60 or disabled people of any age.
If you receive income based benefits, you pay for materials and the handyperson will fit them for free. If you do not qualify for benefits, there will be a reasonable labour charge. Currently £20 per hour.
Examples of the type of work our Handypersons can do:
- Change light bulbs
- Fit door bells
- Secure loose carpets or rugs around the home (but not fit carpet)
- Supply and fit replacement door locks
- Supply and fit Key safes
- Painting and decorating up to one room a year
- Provide and fit plastic and metal grab rails
- Provide and fit mop stick handrails
- Provide and fit external handrails
These are only examples, no matter the work you need, always feel free to ask. If we can not help we may be able to suggest some one who can.
Unfortunately we can not do:
- Any gas works
- Any electrical work
- Any jobs at height
- Repair white goods
- Large outdoor repair jobs
- Moving heavy furniture
Contact Sheffield Stay Put
Sheffield Stay Put
300 Barrow Road
Telephone: 0114 256 4270
Fax: 0114 244 6910