We are a not-for-profit home improvement agency operated by Yorkshire Housing Foundation in partnership with Selby District Council.
- Selby District Council
- Department of Communities and Local Government
- North Yorkshire County Council
- North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust
What does Selby Home Improvement Agency do?
We operate in the Selby district, providing independent advice on repairs, improvements and adaptations for clients, particularly those aged 60 and over and to disabled people of all ages.
Help & Support
The service Selby Home Improvement Agency offers includes help with:
- Applying for local authority grants.
- Access to charitable funding.
- Filling in forms.
- Identifying benefits for which you may be eligible.
- A handyperson scheme.
Our staff can visit you at home to discuss what your options are.
- Initiatives service
Selby Home Improvement Agency offer a number of initiatives to help you keep your home in good repair.
- Telephone advisory service
For advice on both general and specific problems and issues.
- Free home maintenance advisory inspection service
To help you identify and understand maintenance problems around your home
- Energy efficiency
Advice on possible grant and discount schemes
- Contractors’ list –
Advice and information on employing builders is available. We have a list of vetted builders and contractors available.
We can get estimates for you and oversee the work to ensure it is carried out to a high standard and is good value for money.
Contact Selby Home Improvement Agency
Selby Home Improvement Agency
Telephone: 01757 241 010
Fax: 01757 241 014